Aflac Medicare Supplement Review
Our review of Aflac’s Medicare Supplement insurance found several advantages: 9.2% more affordable premiums on average, an efficient claims process, up to 7% household premium discounts, and positive customer feedback.
Aflac offers four Medigap plans in select states and is seeking approval to expand coverage options to more states. Additionally, Aflac provides dental insurance and a range of other policy options.
Aflac recently entered the Medicare market by leveraging Aetna’s infrastructure. While there have been a few negative reviews, Aflac holds an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), showing its dedication to addressing customer concerns.
This review explores why Aflac’s Medigap plans may be an excellent option for those looking to supplement their Original Medicare coverage.
- Competitive pricing compared to other providers
- Extensive coverage options, including comprehensive and basic plans
- High financial stability ratings from reputable agencies
- Not available in AK, CT, DC, HI, MA, ME, MN, NY or WA
- May not offer the same additional benefits as other providers
- Plans do not include prescription drug coverage
When choosing your Medigap policy, Aflac should be on your radar. It is expected to gain a prominent position in the Medicare Supplement insurance market.
Aflac offers several types of insurance policies, showcasing its industry expertise.
Which Medigap Plans Does Aflac Offer?
Aflac offers four types of Medigap plans, with the most popular options being:
- Plan G: Comprehensive coverage that includes skilled nursing facilities copayments, foreign travel emergencies, and excess charges – but not the Medicare Part B deductible.
- Plan N: Similar to Plan G, but with additional out-of-pocket costs such as copayments up to $20 for doctor visits and $50 for emergency room visits.
- Plan A: Basic insurance coverage for Medicare Part A coinsurance and copayments.
All Aflac Medicare Supplement plans are guaranteed renewable – meaning Aflac cannot cancel your policy if you pay premiums on time.
Does Aflac Have Extra Perks?
Aflac provides additional benefits for its Medicare Supplement policyholders, including:
- Up to 7% household discount for eligible individuals.
- Additional $2 discount per month for applicable monthly EBT payments.
- 24/7 customer service and claims support.
- No network restrictions – choose any doctor or healthcare provider accepting Medicare patients.
- Fast claims processing, with most claims being paid within one business day.
Is Aflac a Cheaper Option for Medigap?
When considering Aflac’s Medicare Supplement plans, comparing their premium rates with other providers is important to ensure you find the best option.
We’ve compared Plan G premiums from Aflac and its competitors in different states for your review:
|Actual prices fluctuate based on age, gender, and location. Sample quotes are for a 65 y/o nonsmoking female.|
In summary, our research indicates that on average, Aflac’s Medigap plan prices are 13.9% lower in Texas, 7.6% lower in Florida, 5.5% lower in Georgia, and 9.8% lower in Illinois.
Does Aflac Offer Dental Insurance?
Yes, Aflac’s dental insurance plan provides comprehensive coverage for routine check-ups, cleanings, x-rays, fillings, crowns, and major procedures. One key advantage is that no dentist network is required, giving you flexibility in choosing your provider.
Additionally, there are no waiting periods for major procedures. You receive coverage as soon as your plan starts.
Aflac also provides accident, critical illness, life, hospital, and short-term disability insurance.
Aflac's Financial Stability
Aflac holds an A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best, indicating its exceptional ability to meet ongoing insurance obligations.
Further, the company has been awarded an AA rating from Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings, highlighting its strong capacity to meet financial commitments.
These high ratings testify to Aflac’s financial stability and ability to offer its policyholders reliable coverage.
Are Policyholders Satisfied With Aflac?
Customers praise Aflac’s responsive service, quick claims process, and user-friendly digital platforms. While there are some negative reviews, the positive reviews and ratings highlight Aflac as a reliable and customer-centric insurance provider.
Aflac is consistently recognized for its high standards of customer service. It has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), demonstrating its commitment to addressing customer concerns.
Did you know?
- The Aflac duck, famous for its humorous commercials passionately quacking the company’s name, also supports a noble cause. Aflac sells plush versions of the mascot to raise funds for pediatric cancer treatment and research.
Overall, Aflac is positioned well to be a major player in the Medicare Supplement insurance market and is worth considering when choosing your Medigap policy.
Aflac offers a variety of Medigap plans, but as a newcomer to the Medicare Supplement insurance market, their policies are not available in all states. Their Medigap plans also do not include prescription drug coverage.
Is Aflac a reputable company?
Yes, Aflac is a well-known and highly reputable insurance provider with decades of experience in the industry.
Are Aflac Medicare Supplement plans available nationwide?
Currently, Aflac’s Medicare Supplement plans are only available in select states. It’s best to check with Aflac’s website or a licensed insurance agent to see if their plans are available in your state.
Can I choose any doctor or healthcare provider with an Aflac Medicare Supplement plan?
Yes, Aflac does not have network restrictions, so you can choose any doctor or healthcare provider that accepts Medicare patients.