Allstate Medicare Supplement Review
Our research on Allstate reveals key facts: premiums that are, on average, 12% more affordable, up to 25% stackable discount offerings, excellent financial ratings, user-friendly web access, and a wide range of Medigap coverage options.
Allstate offers policyholders perks like access to the Active&Fit fitness program, a policy that is guaranteed renewable for life, no referral requirement for specialists, nationwide coverage with Medicare-accepting providers, and a 30-day trial period.
Allstate also provides dental insurance policies with three coverage levels and a 10% discount when paired with a Medicare Supplement plan.
Despite some negative reviews and controversy in recent years, the majority of feedback remains positive, highlighting Allstate’s stability.
- Generous household discounts
- Established track record as a trusted insurance provider
- Competitively priced compared to other Medigap providers
- Guaranteed renewable for life
- Recently entered the Medicare market
- Medigap plans not available in every state
- Does not provide Part C or Part D plans
- Not all discounts are universally accessible and can vary by state
Allstate is emerging as a frontrunner in the Medicare Supplement world.
When researching Medigap policies and providers, Allstate deserves your attention due to its reputation for offering fair pricing and a customer-focused approach.
Which Medigap Plans Does Allstate Offer?
Common benefits included in both of these plans are:
- Hospitalization coinsurance coverage
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance coverage
- Original Medicare Part A deductible coverage
- Foreign travel emergency coverage
- Part B coinsurance and copayments
While Plan G offers the most comprehensive coverage, Plan N provides value with a lower premium. The main difference lies in their handling of out-of-pocket expenses.
Plan G covers all Medicare Part B excess charges, which are additional fees that healthcare providers may impose. Plan N does not cover Medicare Part B excess charges and involves a small copayment for certain office visits and emergency room trips.
Allstate’s Medicare Supplement plans are available nationwide, except in Connecticut, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.
Does Allstate Have Special Benefits?
Allstate provides policyholders several perks, such as access to the Active&Fit fitness program, a guaranteed renewable policy for life, no-referral requirement for specialists, nationwide coverage to see any provider who accepts Medicare, and a 30-day “free look” trial period.
Allstate also prioritizes convenience by offering a user-friendly website and mobile app for policy management and bill payments. This allows customers to easily access their policy information, make changes, and pay bills on the go.
Are There Discounts With Allstate?
Allstate offers the following stackable discounts that can help beneficiaries save up to 25% on their Medicare Supplement plan:
- Roommate household (7%): This discount applies to policyholders who have lived with someone aged 50 or older for a year or more.
- Annual pay (10%): Paying annually earns you a 10% premium reduction.
- Dual Applicant (10%): When two individuals from the same residence apply for plans together, they qualify for this discount. It combines the 7% roommate discount and an additional 3% dual-applicant discount.
- Activity-Tracker (5%): Link your wearable fitness device, like a Fitbit or Apple Watch, to receive a 5% discount on your insurance plan.
How Do Allstate’s Premiums Compare to Others?
Allstate offers Medicare Supplement plans at competitive prices. Although a strong reputation and exceptional customer service hold significance, premium amounts are usually on everyone’s radar.
Below is a comparison of Allstate’s monthly premiums with some of its competitors for a 65-year-old male non-smoker.
Medigap Plan Location Allstate Aflac Aetna Cigna
G Atlanta, GA $141 $157 $160 $165
N Georgetown, PA $96 $107 $109 $108
F Cleveland, OH $160 $170 $185 $164
A Park City, UT $115 $143 $152 $144
Based on this evaluation, Allstate typically provides premiums that are, on average, 12% more affordable.
|Plan G in Georgia: 12% lower premiums||Plan N in Pennsylvania: 11% lower premiums|
|Plan F in Ohio: 7% lower premiums||Plan A in Utah: 21% lower premiums|
It’s important to remember rates can vary based on age, location, gender, and whether the policyholder uses tobacco. Allstate’s discounts also will play a part in the final price of a monthly premium.
Does Allstate Offer Dental Insurance Policies?
Allstate offers dental insurance policies that come in three different levels of coverage, each with its own additional premium:
1. Basic plan – an affordable option covering preventive care and minor dental procedures.
2. Intermediate plan – balances between affordability and broader coverage, including minor restorative procedures.
3. Premium plan – comprehensive coverage that includes major restorative procedures and orthodontic treatments (ideal for customers who require extensive dental care).
Pairing a dental plan with a Medicare Supplement can qualify you for a 10% bundling discount.
Allstate Financial Ratings
Allstate’s commitment to integrity and financial stability is reflected in its ratings from numerous reputable agencies:
- A.M. Best Rating: A+ (Superior) – Demonstrates an exceptional ability to fulfill ongoing insurance obligations.
- Standard & Poor’s Rating: AA- (Very Strong) – Perceives strength and capacity to meet policy and contract commitments.
- Moody’s Rating: A1 (Excellent) – Indicates minimal credit risk and formidable financial stability.
How Do I Enroll in a Medigap Plan With Allstate?
The Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment Period is a 6-month window starting on the first day of the month of your 65th birthday. During this time, you can enroll in any Medicare Supplement plan available in your state without being denied coverage or paying higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.
After this period ends, you may still be able to enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan. However, acceptance is not guaranteed, as insurance companies can impose medical underwriting and deny coverage based on your health status.
If you are interested in an Allstate Medicare Supplement plan, the most efficient course of action is to consult one of our licensed insurance agents. They will expertly guide you through enrollment and help you choose the ideal plan to meet your needs.
- The renowned slogan of Allstate, “you’re in good hands,” was crafted in the 1950s by Davis W. Ellis, a sales executive at Allstate Insurance Company, inspired by his comforting words to his wife regarding their child’s doctor.
Allstate’s reputation for providing reliable and top-quality insurance products now extends to their latest venture: offering Medicare Supplement plans.
With various coverage options, competitive pricing, exclusive perks for policyholders, and strong financial ratings, Allstate is a solid choice for trustworthy Medicare Supplement insurance.
What is Allstate's Medicare Supplement "free look" trial period?
The 30-day free look trial period allows policyholders to review their coverage and cancel their plan within 30 days of enrollment without penalty.
Can I see any provider with Allstate's Medicare Supplement plans?
Allstate’s plans offer nationwide coverage, allowing policyholders to see any provider who accepts Medicare.