Does Mutual of Omaha Cover SilverSneakers?
How Is Mutually Well Similar to SilverSneakers?
Mutually Well and Silver Sneakers are health and fitness programs offering services through Medicare plans. Both are brands of Tivity Health, a company that markets packaged solutions designed to make it easier to live an active life.
Here are the features Mutually Well and SilverSneakers have in common:
- Thousands of participating fitness facilities nationwide with no enrollment fee
- Resources to support nutrition and exercise at home
- Geared toward older adults
- Extensive website plus a free health and fitness mobile app downloadable from the App Store and Google Play
Here are a few features that distinguish the programs:
- SilverSneakers is mainly for adults 65 and older. Mutually Well is fashioned for adults aged 50 to 64, though participation is not limited to an age range.
- SilverSneakers includes gym membership at participating locations. With Mutually Well, there is a small gym membership fee but no enrollment fee.
- SilverSneakers is primarily a vehicle for physical fitness classes. Mutually Well benefits extend beyond fitness to discounts for holistic care rendered by participating integrative practitioners.
Mutually Well members may also access a discount program called Choices by WholeHealth Living. WholeHealth Living is another Tivity brand that offers discounts on integrative health services. Participating providers can include acupuncturists, chiropractors, personal trainers, and massage therapists. Mutually Well members pay no fees for the Choices program.
Which Mutual of Omaha Plans Offer Mutually Well?
Medicare Supplement Plans
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plans offer Mutually Well to most members, but the program is unavailable in California or New York. You can purchase a Mutually Well monthly gym membership for $25 (excluding sales tax), which includes any group classes. You have no enrollment fees, and you can terminate and reactivate your membership anytime.
Medicare Advantage Plans
Mutual of Omaha does not offer Medicare Advantage plans; therefore, you can only access Mutually Well through one of their Medicare Supplement plans.
How Do I Enroll in a Mutually Well Membership With Mutual Of Omaha?
If you have Medicare Supplement insurance with Mutual of Omaha, you may visit the Mutually Well website or app to enroll, see available discounts, and purchase a gym membership. The app enables you to establish a fitness goal. Based on that goal, the program suggests activities and a weekly plan to follow, supporting your efforts to reach that goal. If you encounter difficulty enrolling or have questions about Mutually Well, call 1-833-574-6105 for assistance.
Mutually Well is not insurance but offers health-related perks. It is an optional program that provides resources to help you stay on course throughout your health journey. By partnering with Tivity, Mutual of Omaha Medigap offers basic gym membership at participating locations for a $25 monthly fee and a 30% discount on products like fitness equipment and services delivered by wellness specialists.
One of our licensed insurance agents can facilitate the search for a Medicare Supplement plan that offers Mutually Well in your area.
Does Mutual of Omaha Have a Wellness Program?
Yes, you can buy a Mutually Well Gym Membership for an additional $25 monthly.
What Gyms Accept Mutually Well?
Mutually Well gives you access to over 10,000 fitness locations nationwide participating in the program. If available, group classes are included along with your basic membership.
- Which Medigap Plans Does Mutual of Omaha Offer?