Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of ten Medicare Supplement insurance plans that help pay medical expenses left after Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Part B) pays its part.
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Plan G also covers some costs that the Federal Medicare Program doesn’t cover at all, such as up to $50,000 in foreign travel emergency benefits.
· Initial pints of blood
· Medicare Part A deductible
· Medicare Part A hospital costs
· Part A expenses
· Part A hospice care coinsurance
· Skilled nursing facility care
· Charges over the amount Medicare allows – “Part B Excess Charges”
· Durable medical equipment
· Foreign travel emergency care (lifetime plan limits apply)
· Medicare Part B coinsurance and copays
Be advised that the Part B deductible will not be covered by Medigap Plan G.
Here’s an idea of what a 65-year-old woman, a nonsmoker, might pay for Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G:
|Plan G||$105.62||Male age 65||TX|
|Plan F||$195.00||Female age 70||OH|
|Plan N||$91.46||Female age 65||PA|
|Plan A||$185.93||Male age 65||CA|
Insurance companies consider age, gender, location, and tobacco use when setting Medicare Plan G rates. When considering age, they use one of three methods:
Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G is the most popular plan for those brand new to Medicare.
Does Plan G cover Medicare Part B Deductible?
Plan G coverage does not include the Part B deductible. For those whose Medicare start date is Jan. 1, 2020, no Medicare Supplement plan covers the Part B deductible.